Staring at your gift list trying to figure out what to buy for people who seem to have everything? If so, come to our Alternative Gifts Fair in the Fellowship Hall on Saturday, December 7th from 10am-1pm or Sunday, December 8th from 9:30-10:20am & 11:30am-12:30pm.
- Do you have an animal lover in need of a gift? Donate to BeCause 4 Paws or Heifer Project International (to help raise money for a Heifer World Ark) in their honor!
- Do you have a patriot or veteran who needs the perfect gift? Donate to Building Homes for Heroes to help house an injured service member in their name.
- Do you know someone who is a jack/jill of all trades? Come on out and make a donation to the Handy Dandy Handyman Ministry (HDHM) in a loved one's honor in order to meet various needs of people in our community and beyond. (Mobility scooters, home makeovers, a roof over a head, gifts for seniors, and more have been provided through HDHM.)
- Do you have someone whose desire is to help the sight impaired or those with chronic illness? Then making a donation to the Lions Club charities in their name will put a smile on their face!
- Do you know someone you need to buy for who loves to work with children and see them grow and thrive? Make a gift in their honor to Simply Smiles helping children in South Dakota & Mexico!
- Do you have someone who knows that empowering women means building up families, villages, and more? Come on in and make a donation in their name to Dining for Women and help make amazing projects from new businesses, to educational opportunities, to clean water and health initiatives happen around the world!
- Do you have someone who is passionate about helping young people use their gifts to serve in the world? Grab a baked good and make a donation to our Senior Youth Fellowship Mission Trip to work with Appalachia Service Project - and give someone a tasty treat to boot!
- Do you need the perfect unique food, clothing, jewelry or decorative item for someone on your list? Shop at our SERRV Booth and find the perfect gift that will also help artisans, farmers, laborers and more throughout the United States and the world support their families.
Join Us for our Annual
“Instant” Christmas Pageant
Our Instant Christmas Pageant will be held this year on
December 8th during the 10:30am service.
All children are welcome to participate. We ask that they
arrive between 10:00 and 10:15am for wardrobe selection.
Children’s Choir members are asked to come at 9:45am.
The 8:30am Dec. 8th service will be in our usual format, with communion
and a traditional sermon from the Rev. Bryn Smallwood-Garcia.
Advent Wreath Making Evening – Fellowship Hall
Sunday, December 8, 5:00-7:00pm
In case of inclement weather:
On snowy or icy Sunday mornings, please use your best judgment about driving to church. We will cancel Sunday Worship when officials advise non-emergency vehicles to stay off the roads. Our policy for cancellation of mid-week activities is to do what Brookfield Public Schools decide, on their website at www.brookfield.k12.ct.us or on their phone message 203 775-7700 (x3). If there is power, weekend event cancellations get posted on this website and/or answering machine (203 775-1259).
We Have PLANS! Get a closer look!
Monday evening, September 16th 7:30-9pm the architects on the Fellowship Hall feasibility study presented their findings and proposed design solution on how we might meet the defined objectives developed over the past year by our Fellowship Hall Task Force. The information developed in this feasibility study will give us a sense of direction to consider as we address the needs of Fellowship Hall.
The Church office has DVDs of the presentation if you were not able to attend. Call or email Jeannine.