Yankee Fair 2020 CanceledWith much deliberation and grief, the Church Council has voted to cancel the Yankee Fair for this October. A number of concerns based on the pandemic were raised by our church family members, including a number of those who have chaired Yankee Fair booths for years. With concerns for the most vulnerable among us, and the knowledge that we would be unable to uphold safety guidelines and recommendations, we are following the lead of various other neighbors in canceling this event for 2020. We will hope and pray we can try again in fall 2021!
Sunday Morning Worship
Outdoor Prayer Meeting
Please pre-register** using the SignUp Genius link here: (https://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080C4CA8AF28A4F94-ccboutdoor13)
What do you need to know before coming to our Prayer Meeting this Sunday?
- (If you have trouble with the link you can also call the Church Office at 203-775-1259 or email Pastor Jen at email@example.com to be added.)
- If you are not feeling well when Sunday arrives, we ask that you stay home.
- Please arrive by 8:15; this will allow us to start the Service promptly at 8:30.
- Please park in the upper lot. We invite you to bring a comfy chair with you down the hill and set it up at a safe 6 foot distance from the nearest family. If you don't have one, we will have extra chairs available from Fellowship Hall. Please maintain the 6 foot distance as you move around the worship area.
- If you have mobility challenges, let a greeter know and they can show you where you can park on the lower level. In addition, accessible parking spaces will be reserved on the shady south side by the campfire circle, for those who need to remain in their cars to worship safely.
- In order to comply with CDC guidelines, we ask you to wear a mask (or one will be provided for you). All will be invited to covenant to comply with social distance guidelines from the CDC.
- Children should remain with parents in assigned space (no playground use or running free).
- Those over 65 or with underlying medical conditions are advised to stay home.
Virtual WorshipKnowing that not everyone feels safe to come together in person to worship, and there are pieces of our usual worship (like singing and praying out loud together) that we will not be able to make happen in our Outdoor Prayer Meeting, we will continue to produce our Virtual Worship on Sundays as well. You can view our Virtual Worship by keeping an eye on your email on Sunday AM for the link, following our Facebook page (Congregational Church of Brookfield), connecting to our webpage (www.uccb.org), or connecting to our "uccbvideo" YouTube channel. We have a special Kids' Worship each week as well.
CCB Summer Office Hours
Click here for the intro. Click on the images for the games.
CCB Current Covid Situation
June 17, 2020
Click here to read.
Friday Morning Meditation
Note from Stewardship Committee
We may not be meeting together these days, but your church is still here, hoping to meet people’s needs, whatever they are. We are still the church – looking for ways to be God’s hands and feet in the world around us, even when we are not together on Sunday mornings! SO….
· Utilities + office supplies = YOUR CHURCH
· Payroll + Sunday School supplies = YOUR CHURCH
· Committees + building repair = YOUR CHURCH
· Supporting needs around us + uplifting music = YOUR CHURCH
· Choirs + internet and phone service = YOUR CHURCH
Please continue to give to our special church in whatever way you were used to giving before, if you are able, so that your church will be there for you, throughout this crisis, and beyond!
Your Pastors are Here for You!
Virtual Office Hours (9-9:30am)You will have an opportunity to stop by the virtual office to meet with Pastor Bryn and/or Pastor Jen on Thursday mornings from 9-9:30am. This will be an opportunity to check in either alone or with other folks, depending on who "stops by." You can share how you are doing, feedback on worship or programs, thoughts on re-opening, prayer joys/concerns and more during this time. You can join us by requesting a Zoom link: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pastoral Care AppointmentsBoth Pastor Bryn and Pastor Jen are also available for individual pastoral care appointments as well either via phone or Zoom. In fact, their cell phones and the Church Zoom have gotten a lot of mileage this way since our time of quarantine began! If you have something that you would like to address or speak with one of the pastors about alone (instead of in a group), please feel free to reach out individually to Pastor Bryn (email@example.com or 510-847-4235 cell #) or Pastor Jen (firstname.lastname@example.org or 203-510-4760 cell #) to set up a time to talk and pray together. Note: Your pastors are trying to take their days off, with "electronic sabbaths," on Wednesday (Bryn) and Friday (Jennifer), so you may not receive an immediate response if you send an email on one of those days.
New Worship Opportunities
Weekly Friday Morning Prayers:
Take a few moments of your Friday springtime mornings from 7-7:30am to join others from CCB and beyond to connect with God and with each other. After hearing a brief devotional scripture, we can share a few words of reflection together as well as speak aloud (in real time) our joys and concerns for gathered prayer. Email email@example.com if you would like the link to participate.
Labyrinth & Children's Garden:
In response to our Governor's orders and in the interest of public safety, our church campus is closed until further notice.
Our ministries continue, however, through our electronic connections.
Know that "No matter who you are or where you are on life's journey, you are welcome here!"
You can still reach us by phone at 203-775-1259. (Messages are forwarded via email to the Pastors, who are working from home.)
At Home Electronic Worship Options
- Would you enjoy the guidance of fellow seekers to help you support your children's growth into strong and compassionate moral thinkers?
- Are you looking for a place where you can bring your deepest joys and sorrows and find real companionship in celebration and suffering?
- Do you long for a place where you and your family can learn to love one another and care for the world in a compassionate faith community?
Watch this space for more information about our programs and ministries in the future.
As always, we also care about your spiritual health, so know that although your pastors are working mostly through remote connections, we want to respond to your needs and concerns promptly. Be aware, however, that may not always be possible. Our church phone system delivers your phone messages (to 203-775-1259) to our email, or you can email us directly at Bryn@uccb.org or Jennifer@uccb.org.
Let us continue to reach out to care for one another, and pray for one another and our world, as we face this global pandemic together, remembering the Apostle Paul's powerful affirmation of faith in these verses from chapter 8 of his Letter to the Romans:
31What then are we to say about these things? If God is for us, who is against us? 35Who will separate us from the love of Christ? Will hardship, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? 37No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor rulers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, 39nor height, nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.