In Person Worship, Church School and Nursery Care
I Give Thanks Even When...
New Members Sunday
Sunday, October 24th - 8:30 & 10:30am Worship
We read a number of healing stories in the Bible. One such story is the healing of Blind Batimaeus who asks Jesus for mercy, angering the folks around him both because of his boldness and loudness - not very polite according to social norms, and has his sight restored. It would be a cool enough story if it ended there. Come to find out this is a story about call too. So as we join together and accept new members into covenant, we will think a little about what this story says to us about the call to extravagant welcome and grace, about accessibility and blessing, about how God calls us to use our gifts in following Jesus.
We will have two services with a brief (30 minute) worship in our Outdoor Chapel at 8:30am (weather permitting - in the meetinghouse if it rains) and a 10:30am worship inside our Meetinghouse. We are grateful to our volunteers who will join with us in worship as greeters, ushers, Media Booth worker, Scripture readers and more. We will have the wonderful opportunity to be serenaded by the sounds of nature in our Outdoor Worship and be fed by the sounds of our Chancel Choir at our Worship in the Meetinghouse. We will welcome New Members into covenant at both of our worship services as well.
Note: Nursery Care will be available at both worship services, and Church School will meet at 10:30am.
You can sign up for our worship services, nursery care, and church school at the links below.
Sunday, October 31st, In-Person Worship: 8:30am in the MeetinghouseWe will join together in the Meetinghouse for a 30 minute in person worship. You will find the sign up link below. We ask that people intending to join us for In Person Worship sign up and include how many people and the names of those who will be attending worship with you. You can register for our In Person Worship using the following link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080c4ca8af28a4f94-830am15
Sunday, October 31st, In-Person Worship: 10:30am in the Meetinghouse
We will join together in the Meetinghouse for our in person worship. We are looking to keep this service to no more than 45 minutes. You will find the sign up link below. We ask that people intending to join us for In Person Worship sign up and include how many people and the names of those who will be attending worship with you. You can register for our In Person Worship using the following link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080c4ca8af28a4f94-1030am15
In accordance with Department of Public Health and CDC guidance, we require masks of ALL who will sing during worship and those who are unvaccinated.
Sunday, October 31st,Nursery Sign Up, In-Person Worship at 8:30am or 10:30am:
Sunday, October 31st, In Person 10:30am Church School Sign Up:Children will begin in their classrooms with our Church School teachers on Sunday morning as they continue this new program year focusing on God's Story told in the Bible. Children can be signed up for our In Person Church School using the following link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080c4ca8af28a4f94-inperson25
Updated Worship Recording Information:
Updated CCB Face Mask/Covid Policy
- As the town has lifted the official mask mandate for indoor gathering, we will also do so with a few exceptions based on CDC and best safe practice guidelines.
- Those who are unvaccinated will still be required to wear masks. (This means that our children/youth and those who work with them will still be masking.)
- Those with compromised immunity or who would feel more comfortable masked in a larger group are invited to wear masks.
- Masks will be required when entering the Church Office.
- If there will be any singing everyone is required to mask while singing - which means that people will need a mask in the Worship space.
- If your group chooses to have people unmasked we ask that people do their best to remain 3-6ft apart from one another following social distancing guidelines. We will be spacing people in our pews in the Meetinghouse again and reminding people that Brooks Hall and the Balcony are set with chairs and an eye on social distancing.
- We still request that there are no large trays of shared food. If people choose to serve food we ask that it is served in individual portions (preferably wrapped/packaged separately).
- There will continue to be sanitation stations throughout the church with hand sanitizer and cleaning products. We invite groups to wipe down any tables/chairs or common surfaces that are used.
- We will continue to keep track of attendance at worship, in person meetings and gatherings, so (heaven forbid) if there is another resurgence of Covid that contact tracing measures can be taken.
Pastors Fund Thanks & InformationOur pastors wish to thank you so much for your generous support of the Pastors Fund during these difficult and ever-changing times. With your help bills have been paid to cover housing costs, medical bills, and emergency repairs as well as to cover other everyday costs like food, gas, and clothing for members & friends of our church and wider community. The Pastors Fund is supported through the honorarium from the funerals/memorials that our pastors officiate, as well as through the generous gifts of members and friends of our community. The Thrift Shop has supported the Pastors Fund with gifts from sale profits, and the Pastors Fund is also one of the options for holiday support through our Virtual Giving Tree this year.
If you are feeling moved to make a direct gift to the Pastors Fund, gift cards for groceries and gas are always welcome, as are donations made payable to Pastors Fund.
Great Pumpkin Challenge Pumpkin Carving Event
Join us for our Annual Great Pumpkin Challenge sponsored by our Christian Education Committee. This all ages event will take place on Saturday, October 30th at 2pm in our back parking lot (weather cooperating - and in Fellowship Hall if not). As usual our pumpkins will be delivered to Trinity Episcopal Church in Newtown along with our donations ($5/carver) to help support the Hole in the Wall Gang Camp. But don't worry, there will be goodies to take home - provided by our awesome Fellowship Committee.
Please see more information on our signupgenius and do sign up if you plan to join us, so we make sure to have enough pumpkins and goodies!
We hope to see you there!
Pastor Jen, Barbara Crandell, and our CE & Fellowship folks
Stewardship Thanks and Reminders
Your Pastors are Here for You!
Pastoral Care Appointments
Labyrinth & Children's Garden:
CCB Office Hours
Our Church Office is generally open from 9am-3:00pm, Monday-Thursday.
We are an Open and Affirming Congregation of the United Church of Christ.
Know that "No matter who you are or where you are on life's journey, you are welcome here!"
At Home Electronic Worship Options
- Would you enjoy the guidance of fellow seekers to help you support your children's growth into strong and compassionate moral thinkers?
- Are you looking for a place where you can bring your deepest joys and sorrows and find real companionship in celebration and suffering?
- Do you long for a place where you and your family can learn to love one another and care for the world in a compassionate faith community?